Module Introduction: In this session you will learn about architectural scales and how to use them. Architectural scales are used to make it easier and more uniform for architects, designers, contractors, and many other trades people to read and understand drawings easily and accurately. Please feel free to use the resources given as well as other reputable sources to not only complete the assignments given but to allow a better familiarization with the content.
- We will be using the following scales: Inch Decimal, Inch Fractional, Architectural, Civil, and Metric
- We will learn the proper way to use different types of scales to determine size and length
- We will learn the importance of scaling drawings in CAD
- We will understand how to distinguish between different scales and why they are used
- We will learn to create drawings using a scale
South Carolina State Standards covered or included in this Unit
UNIT C: DEMONSTRATING BASIC DESIGN TECHNIQUES (STANDARD AND METRIC)
1. Select proper drawing equipment to complement the design media.
2. Measure using standard scales/measuring devices.
6. Demonstrate proper use, care, and adjustment of design equipment.
UNIT B: DEMONSTRATING FREEHAND SKETCHING SKILLS
7. Indicate overall dimensions.