Module Introduction: Sketchup is an awesome free tool that allows users to create 3D models and save them to share. We will begin to use this software to help us understand how 3D modeling works and to expand on our design skills. Please feel free to use the resources given as well as other reputable sources to not only complete the assignments given but to allow a better familiarization with the content.
South Carolina State Standards covered or included in this Unit
UNIT C: DEMONSTRATING BASIC DESIGN TECHNIQUES (STANDARD AND METRIC)
3. Draw straight lines and angles.
4. Draw circles and arcs.
5. Draw irregular curved lines.
8. Draw geometric figures using straight and curved lines.
10. Perform drawing setup to applicable standards (e.g., setting layers, line type, and width).
11. Identify and use view and display commands (e.g., zoom, pan, viewports, and rotation).
12. Format, enter, and edit text on a drawing.
13. Edit, copy, and manipulate drawing entities (e.g., properties, stretch, trimming, and scaling).
UNIT E: DEMONSTRATING ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN SKILLS
4. Dimension various types of architectural plans and details.
6. Draw exterior elevations.
7. Draw interior elevations.
18. Prepare presentation drawings.
UNIT F: COMPUTER LITERACY
5. Import and export data files between formats (e.g., IGES and DXF).
6. Use software help features.
UNIT H: DEMONSTRATING BASIC SKILLS TO PRODUCE 3-D DRAWINGS
1. Create 3-D architectural drawings.
2. Create 3-D architectural renderings.