Module Introduction: Designing floor plans is a challenging task that requires understanding buildings, spaces, people, and the way an area will be used. We will design some basic floor plans and become familiar with some common dos and don'ts associated with designing homes. Please feel free to use the resources given as well as other reputable sources to not only complete the assignments given but to allow a better familiarization with the content.
South Carolina State Standards covered or included in this Unit
UNIT C: DEMONSTRATING BASIC DESIGN TECHNIQUES (STANDARD AND METRIC)
3. Draw straight lines and angles.
4. Draw circles and arcs.
5. Draw irregular curved lines.
8. Draw geometric figures using straight and curved lines.
10. Perform drawing setup to applicable standards (e.g., setting layers, line type, and width).
11. Identify and use view and display commands (e.g., zoom, pan, viewports, and rotation).
12. Format, enter, and edit text on a drawing.
13. Edit, copy, and manipulate drawing entities (e.g., properties, stretch, trimming, and scaling).
UNIT D: DEMONSTRATING PRELIMINARY FREEHAND LAYOUT SKILLS
1. Sketch preliminary floor plans.
2. Sketch preliminary elevation views.
3. Sketch preliminary sections.
4. Hand-letter drawings (letters and numbers).
UNIT E: DEMONSTRATING ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN SKILLS
1. Draw floor plans.